With the 73rd Independence Day just around the corner, celebrate this day in the spirit of patriotism by cooking this tri-coloured favourite from the kitchen of Varq- Taj Mahal, New Delhi’s Sous Chef Rajesh Singh.
|Whole red chilli||05||gms|
|Whole cashew nut||04||Nos.|
|Boiled coriander paste||20||gm|
|Twisted roti crisp||1||no.|
For saffron coconut rice:
- Wash rice 2-3 times and soak for 15 mins before boiling in hot water with a little salt.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add coconut oil, crackle mustard seed in it add chop onion, curry leaves, whole cashew nuts.
- Add boiled rice and saffron season well.
For coriander chicken:
- Take another pan and add coconut oil, mustard seeds, chop onions and little water now add powder spices and coconut milk to give a binding consistency. Add coriander puree, cook well for a few minutes, at last, add chicken and cook well.
For coconut cream curry:
- For gravy take coconut oil in pan crackle mustard seed, onions, curry leaves cream and add coconut milk and cook well and reduce to half and strain after that.
- Place the rice in a mold and similarly add sauce and pepper coriander chicken.
- Garnish with twisted roti crisp and microgreens.