With the increasing acceptance, veganism is the ethical boom in modern lifestyle. Brightly decorated with nutrients, TIHG brings some delicious vegan recipes which can add vigour to the repetitive eating routine. Bon Appetit!
Raveena Taurani, Plant Based Chef, Founder & CEO, Yogisattva
Recipe: Spicy Harissa Dip
3 tsp Coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 ½ roasted Red pepper (peeled and chopped)
6 large Red chillies (deseeded and chopped)
1 ½ clove of Garlic (chopped)
30 ml Olive oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander
3 tbsp chopped fresh Mint
Salt and pepper
3 tsp Lemon juice (if needed)
1. Dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds until fragrant, but make sure you don’t burn them as this will ruin the flavor. Roughly crush the seeds in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder.
2. In a blender or pestle and mortar, puree the spices with the red pepper, chillies and garlic, add lemon juice and olive oil to make a smooth paste.
3. Add the fresh coriander and mint, and then taste.
4. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Sara Tercero, Chef & Founder, Betterfoodguru
Recipe: Orichiette Primavera
4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 bunch Asparagus ends trimmed and cut in thirds
1/4 cup frozen Peas
6 Cherry tomatoes (halved)
6 pitted Calamata olives (diced in rings)
4 Baby bells (deseeded and chopped)
3 tbsp Tomato paste
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Saute garlic and onions until onions are brown and caremelized about 5-7 mins.
2. Add asparagus and baby bells, salt lightly and cook 3 mins.
3. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and cook 2 mins.
4. Add tomato paste and tomatoes and mix well then olives and peas.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the pastas water plus drained pasta to pot and mix well until all pasta is coated and super saucy then check for salt and adjust to your taste.
6. Garnish with black and crushed red pepper.
Nisha Sharma, Vegan & Vegetarian Recipe Curator, Cravings4vegan
Recipe- Vegan Stuffed Mango Berry Ice-cream
1 Cup Coconut cream
5-6 Saffron strands
7-8 Pistachios (finely chopped)
8-10 Fresh berries
2 Tsp Berry conserve (optional)
Whip coconut cream until soft peaks form. Add saffron, pistachios, fresh Berries and finest berry conserve. Fold into whipped coconut cream & mix well.
For the mango cut off the crown, mark the seed with your knife. Scoop of the seed from the mango. You can use tongs if u need that to remove the seed.
Fill the icecream mixture into the mango. Cover the mango with the crown, freeze for 4-5 hours.
Place mango on a glass so that it can stand and ice cream can set in the mango.
When the ice-cream sets, peel the mango skin and slice them in circles.
Ridhima Gugnani, Chef & Recipe Developer, Everything Dessert
Recipe- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Whipped Ganache
For the cake:
135 g all purpose Flour
50 g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Baking powder
A pinch of Salt
225 ml Soy milk
1 tsp Red wine vinegar
150 g Caster sugar
150 ml extra virgin Olive oil
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
For the whipped ganache:
200 g Vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
150 ml Hot water
Lots of ice
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a cake pan with parchment paper.
Put the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and sift twice.
In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vinegar, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 40-55 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and leave to cool completely.
To make the ganache, add the chocolate into a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave the chocolate to melt, then stir until smooth and silky. Remove from heat.
Pour the hot water into the bowl of chocolate and mix until nice and smooth.
Place the bowl in a dish filled with ice cubes. Using an electric whisk, whisk the chocolate and water mixture until stiff peaks form. If you don’t get peaks, melt some more chocolate and whisk in quickly.
Spread the ganache on top of the cooled cake and enjoy.